Belts in 60 and 80 grit are made using 984F material
- 3M Precision-Shaped Grain continuously fractures into sharp points that cut exceptionally fast, helping increase productivity
- Engineered to run cooler, reducing metal discoloration/oxidation and the chance of heat related stress cracks
- Reduces changeouts and downtime in robotic and pressure-assisted applications
- Belt life is significantly longer, producing more parts per belt and requiring fewer belt changes
- YF-weight backing excels in medium/high pressure stainless, cobalt chrome and nickel alloy applications
3M™ Cubitron™ II Cloth Belt 984F offers revolutionary performance with 3M Precision-Shaped Grain on a YF-weight polyester cloth backing. This high-performing belt contains a grinding aid, making it ideal for medium to high pressure applications on stainless steel and other exotic alloys, along with carbon steel, cobalt chrome, and nickel alloys.
Designed for Industrial Environments
The exceptionally fast cut and long life of ceramic grain make this belt ideal for industrial environments. It is also heat resistant, produces a uniform finish over the life of the product, and helps eliminate burning during end-grain sanding applications. The YF-weight cloth backing on the 3M™ Cubitron™ II Cloth Belt 984F provides durability, and the mineral is resin bonded to the backing for reliable performance – even under high heat and pressure.
Ideal for Robotic Grinding and Degating
In medium and high-pressure applications like robotic grinding, it's important to choose a premium abrasive belt like the fast-cutting, long-lasting 3M™ Cubitron™ II Cloth Belt 984F. The mineral in this belt continually fractures into sharp edges to keep cutting through the life of the belt, reducing changeouts and downtime in robotic cells. This helps maximize the efficiency of the cell, allowing you to produce more parts per belt.
A Leader in High-Performing Abrasives
Our proprietary 3M™ Cubitron™ II products have raised the bar for high-performing abrasives. Our engineers started with 3M™ Ceramic Abrasive Grain and used technology to electrostatically orient each triangular structure on the backing to form sharp peaks and maximize cutting potential. These peaks act like individual cutting tools that slice through metal, and continuously shelf-sharpen as the points break off, ensuring extended high performance in heavy-duty production applications. The grains wear evenly and provide extra-long life and consistency with less grinding pressure. The result is that Cubitron™ II products outcut and outlast every conventional ceramic industrial abrasive product on the market, maximizing productivity and minimizing belt stress.
Belts in 120 grit are made using 947A material
- 3M Precision-Shaped Grain slices through metals like a knife rather than gouging or plowing
- Removes material faster, with less pressure
- Includes a grinding aid for less grinding friction and cooler cutting
- Cool cutting action lessens the risk of heat-related damage to workpiece
- An X-weight poly-cotton backing is optimized for flexibility
- Lasts up to 4 times longer than conventional ceramic belts
Our 3M™ Cubitron II Abrasive Belt 947A built with 3M™ Precision-Shaped Grain cuts metal dramatically faster and cooler, and stays sharp longer than conventional ceramic belts. Its X-weight poly-cotton backing is flexible. This belt is optimized for low and medium pressure applications on stainless steel, mild steels, and aluminum.