3M™ Cubitron™ II Fibre Disc 987C
3M™ Cubitron™ II Fibre Disc 987C is powered by 3M Precision-Shaped Grain technology for heavy-duty metalworking applications. This mineral is an exceptionally high-performing ceramic, resin-bonded to a stiff fiber backing. 3M™ Fibre 987C products also incorporate a grinding aid to keep the workpiece cooler, protecting heat-sensitive alloys from heat damage and reducing re-work. These features offer increased productivity for heavy-duty grinding on all metals, including stainless steel.
*Must order in multiples of 25. Odd number orders will be bumped UP to only ship box quantities!
- 3M Precision-Shaped Grain maintains super-sharp points that cut exceptionally fast with less pressure
- Mineral runs cooler and disc life is significantly longer, completing more parts per disc and requiring fewer disc changes
- Reduces changeouts and downtime in robotic and pressure-assisted applications
- Stiff fiber backing and a strong resin bond provide durability and tear-resistance for heavyweight applications such as high-pressure weld grinding or beveling
- Grinding aid incorporated on the disc minimizes grinding temperatures for heat-sensitive alloys
3M™ Cubitron™ II Fibre Disc 987C offers significant gains in productivity on medium to heavy-duty operations thanks to the exceptionally high-performing 3M Precision-Shaped Grain combined with a stiff fiber backing. This disc achieves a higher cut-rate, greater durability, and longer life than other fiber discs — all with less grinding pressure.
Ideal for Robotic Weld Grinding
In medium and high-pressure applications like robotic weld grinding, it's important to choose a high-performance abrasive that cuts fast and lasts long. The self-fracturing mineral in 3M™ Cubitron™ II Fibre Disc 987C will keep your robot grinding welds long after other abrasives call it quits, reducing downtime and maximizing efficiency.
- Heavy duty metalworking applications
- Flame-cut edge cleanup
- High pressure grinding
- Right angle grinding
- Edge chamfering
- Weld removal and finishing
- Edge beveling
- Gate removal