3M™ Cubitron™ II Fibre Disc 982C
3M™ Cubitron™ II Fibre Disc 982C slices through carbon steel with 3M Precision-Shaped Grain and generates up to twice the cut-rate, durability, and life of other fiber discs—all with less grinding pressure. That means less operator fatigue, faster throughput, and more parts per disc when tackling high pressure grinding applications such as medium to heavy-duty stock removal.
*Must order in multiples of 25. Odd number orders will be bumped UP to only ship box quantities!
- 3M Precision-Shaped Grain maintains super-sharp points that cut exceptionally fast with less pressure
- Disc life is significantly longer, completing more parts per disc and requiring fewer disc changes
- Reduces changeouts and downtime in robotic and pressure-assisted applications
- Triangular shaped ceramic grain lasts up to two times longer than other ceramic abrasives—it wears evenly, runs cool, and optimizes mineral breakdown
- Stiff fiber backing and a strong resin bond provide durability and tear-resistance for heavyweight applications such as high-pressure weld grinding and beveling
Raising the Bar in Abrasives
Our 3M™ Cubitron™ II Fibre Disc 982C is well-suited for edge chamfering, beveling, and removing carbon steel welds, mill scale, pits and imperfections, machining grooves, and more.
Proprietary Cubitron™ II products have raised the bar for high-performing abrasives. 3M engineers started with 3M™ Ceramic Abrasive Grain and used 3M Precision Shaped Grain technology to generate triangular shaped grains that are electrostatically oriented on the backing to form sharp peaks and maximize cutting potential. These peaks act like individual cutting tools that slice through metal, and continuously shelf-sharpen as the points break off. The grains wear evenly and self-sharpen, reducing heat due to friction for up to twice the life of other fiber discs, with less grinding pressure. The result is that Cubitron™ II discs outcut and outlast every conventional ceramic industrial abrasive disc on the market, maximizing productivity and minimizing operator fatigue.
Ideal for Robotic Weld Grinding
In medium and high-pressure applications like robotic weld grinding, it's important to choose a high-performance abrasive that cuts fast and lasts long. The self-fracturing mineral in 3M™ Cubitron™ II Fibre Disc 982C will keep your robot grinding welds long after other abrasives call it quits, reducing downtime and maximizing efficiency.
Fiber discs are heavy-duty discs ideal for weld removal, grinding, and blending large and small areas of metal surfaces. They feature a tough, stiff backing made from vulcanized fiber that resist wear and can handle tough grinding applications.
- Weld & mill scale removal
- Removing pits and surface imperfections
- Edge chamfering