CGW Ceramic Flap Disc - Type 27 - 5" and 7"
Flap Discs consists of sanding strips on a strong polyester backing that are bonded to a fiberglass backing plate in an overlapping circular pattern. With this process, a new layer of the sanding strip is exposed as each previous layer wears away, resulting in a consistent cut rate all through the life of the flap disc. With just one of these flap discs, you can complete material removal and finishing in ONE process. Ceramic flap discs are made to last longer than zirconia flap discs. Ceramic grain is self-sharpening and a cool grinding aid for fast, aggressive cutting action on hard to grind material.
*Must order in multiples of 10 only. Odd number orders will be refunded as we only ship box quantities!
5" Hybrid Compact design - Flaps are compressed and compacted at a 4° angle for edge strength.
7" is the typical T27 style
- CGW C3 Xtreme Ceramic
- Great for stainless steel and other heat sensitive material
- Grind more smoothly than angle discs
- Less aggressive than angle discs
- Best choice for flat surface work
- Use on a right angle grinder
- Lasts 20x longer than resin fiber discs - more cost effective!
- Best choice for smooth finishing
- Polyester backing material
Ceramic Xtreme C3 While producing outstanding results, Ceramic is a long-life premium abrasive, used for medium to heavy material removal on aerospace alloys, aluminum, carbon steels, nickel alloys, cast iron, forgings, and some stainless steels. Lasts longer than zirconia.