Flap Discs consist of sanding strips on a strong polyester backing that are bonded to a fiberglass backing plate in an overlapping circular pattern. With this process, a new layer of the sanding strip is exposed as each previous layer wears away, resulting in a consistent cut rate all through the life of the flap disc. With just one of these flap discs, you can complete material removal and finishing in ONE process.
*Must order in multiples of 10. Odd number orders will be refunded as we only ship box quantities!
- Known as Flat Flap Discs or Type 27 Flap Discs
- These Flap Discs have a 5/8"-11 hub installed
- Grind more smoothly than angle discs
- Less aggressive than angle discs
- Best choice for flat surface work
- Normally operated at a 0° to 15° angle
- Use on a Right Angle Grinder
- Lasts 20x longer than resin fiber discs - more cost effective!
- Best choice for smooth finishing
- Made in the USA
ZIRCONIA Grain: Used for heavy material removal on all types of metals, Zirconia is a long-life premium abrasive that delivers aggressive cutting action while grit particles continually produce new sharp points. Great for titanium, hard steel and stainless. Superior to aluminum oxide!