Flap Discs consist of sanding strips on a strong polyester backing that are bonded to a fiberglass backing plate in an overlapping circular pattern. With this process, a new layer of the sanding strip is exposed as each previous layer wears away, resulting in a consistent cut rate all through the life of the flap disc. With just one of these flap discs, you can complete material removal and finishing in ONE process.
Our Ceramic flap discs are made to last longer than zirconia flap discs. Ceramic grain is self-sharpening and has a cooling grinding aid for fast, aggressive cutting action on hard to grind material like stainless steel.
*Must order in multiples of 10. Odd number orders will be refunded as we only ship box quantities!
- T27 also known as Flat Flap Discs
- Great for stainless steel and other heat sensitive material
- Grind more smoothly than angle discs
- Less aggressive than angle discs
- Best choice for flat surface work
- Normally operated at a 0° to 15° angle
- Use on a Right Angle Grinder
- Lasts 20x longer than resin fiber discs - more cost effective!
- Best choice for smooth finishing
- Polyester backing material
- Available with 5/8"-11 hub installed
- Made in the USA
CERAMIC While producing outstanding results, Ceramic is a long-life premium abrasive, used for medium to heavy material removal on aerospace alloys, aluminum, carbon steels, nickel alloys, cast iron, forgings, and best on stainless steels. Lasts longer than zirconia.