Superior Abrasives Stripping Disc (1/2" arbor)
Aggressive removal of surface layers and contaminates. Extended wheel life and consistent cutting action. Can be stacked on stationary spindles to increase surface coverage and removal rate.
Only sold in box quantity. 10/box. Must order in multiples of 10 per size/color.
Similar in components to other nonwoven abrasives, SHUR-BRITE® Stripping materials are made with larger nylon fibers and increased resin content to produce a firm structure. The resin remains flexible, but the nylon fibers are thickly sur-rounded to hold their structure in place.
Extra coarse silicon carbide grains provide aggressive cutting action, but the friability of the grains prevents unnecessary gouging and metal removal. The balance of rigidity and flexibility allow the sharp grains to penetrate and remove the outer most layers without cutting deep into the solid surface.
Stripping products are aggressive enough to quickly remove layers of paint, residue, corrosion or rust, but the flexibility will not alter or reshape the solid surface underneath. The open, nonwoven structure resists heat buildup, which could cause excessive loading of some surface layers. Stripping products can be used on all sides and offer consistent performance throughout life.
- Removes only formed or applied layers
- Will not gouge metallic surfaces
- Greater surface area than wire brushes
- Stiff, open structure resists clogging and loading
- Consistent performance throughout life.
- Remove gasket or adhesive residue
- Maintenance and machine refurbishing
- Clean welds or seams without removing material
- Removal of paint and other clogging materials
- Surface corrosion and rust removal
- Anti-clogging structure
- Quickly remove powder coatings
- Consistent, extended cutting action
Red (Most Aggressive)
A higher resin content decreases flexibility for a more aggressive cutting action.
• Heavy duty removal
• Extended life and consistent performance
• Reduced heat buildup and loading
Black (Least Aggressive)
Slightly flexible and conformable, reducing chances of marring or gouging softer metals.
• Consistent performance throughout life
• Open structure reduces loading and clogging