Sparky Type 27 Flat Flap Disc - Ceramic - Specifically for Stainless Steel Applications
Type 27 Angle Flap Disc - Premium Ceramic VSM material XK840T: consists of sanding strips on a strong Cotton Cloth backing that are bonded to a fiberglass backing plate in an overlapping circular pattern. With this process, a new layer of the sanding strip is exposed as each previous layer wears away, resulting in a consistent cut rate all through the life of the flap disc. With just one of these flap discs, you can complete material removal and finishing in ONE process. Ceramic flap discs are made to last longer than Zirconia flap discs. Ceramic grain is self-sharpening with a cool grinding aid for fast, aggressive cutting action on hard to grind material.
- Cotton cloth material vs. polyester material on standard ceramic flap discs
- Known as Type 27 or Flat Flap Disc
- Great for stainless steel and other heat sensitive material
- Provides maximum contact with work surface
- More aggressive than flat flap discs
- Works well on curves and contours
- Normally operated at a 15° to 25° angle
- Use on a Right Angle Grinder
- Lasts 20x longer than resin fiber discs - more cost effective!
- Made in the USA
- Standard Box Quantity = 10 Discs
CERAMIC While producing outstanding results, Ceramic is a long-life premium abrasive, used for medium to heavy material removal on aerospace alloys, aluminum, carbon steels, nickel alloys, cast iron, forgings, and some stainless steels. Superior to Zirconia!