- High strength ˝Fluffy˝ (HS-F) Buff and Blend material delivers outstanding results for off-hand and automated finishing processes
- Rigid, durable construction accomplishes edge breaking, deburring and finishing edges and welds
- Recommended for very fine high luster, satin finishing, and other decorative finishes
- Produces consistent, smear-free satin finishes on brass, stainless steel, aluminum, chrome and nickel plated hardware or fixtures
- Dense, stiff construction withstands high pressure without folding over or tearing, improving productivity
- Aluminum Oxide mineral cuts sharp, helps produce a consistent scratch pattern, and works well on ferrous and non-ferrous metals
- Open web is load resistant, limiting buildup of debris that can clog the abrasive and prolonging service life
- Center hole discs come in a range of small to large sizes to fit many different machines or project specifications
- Samples not available
Must order in multiples of 5. Odd number orders will be refunded as we only ship box quantities!
Minimum order of 10 pieces.
Designed for off-hand and automated or robotic processes, our Standard Abrasives™ Buff and Blend HS-F Disc is engineered with a lofty web of non-woven nylon that conforms to irregular surfaces. A great choice for contoured pieces such as plumbing fixtures and door hardware, it efficiently cleans, deburrs, and finishes with consistent, smear-free results.
Lofty Disc Well-Suited for Light Deburring and Finishing of Irregular-Shaped Parts
Within the Standard Abrasives™ Buff and Blend line, our Standard Abrasives™ Buff and Blend HS-F Disc offers the best off-hand or automated results for cleaning and light deburring while achieving a final finish or polished piece. The HS-F material is less dense, or “Fluffier” than standard HS material, and the added conformability suits robotic programming for finishing operations.
Given its strength and durability, an HS-F disc is a good match for applications on irregular-shaped parts, such as polishing pipe threads or the edges of molded glass containers, and final finishing on non-ferrous die cast molded parts. It removes small, stubborn burrs and cuts sharp to produce a consistent finish. Non-woven construction makes the material responsive to contours and extrusions, so it is unlikely to gouge or mar the substrate while achieving an aggressive cut.
Aluminum oxide abrasive grain bonded to the nylon strands produces a uniform scratch pattern - perfect for satin finishing. Use a Standard Abrasives™ Buff and Blend HS-F Disc for final finishing on brass, steel, bronze, pewter, and stainless steel, as well as plated plastics. Markets include stainless steel fabrication, plumbing fixtures, door hardware, food equipment, aluminum extruded products, and appliances. If desired, discs may be ganged on a shaft to form a thicker wheel.
Load-Resistant Construction Boosts Life and Performance
Standard Abrasives™ Buff and Blend products are load-resistant to keep you cutting with fresh mineral. The gaps in the open web allow unwanted swarf to escape. Consequently, less debris clogs the abrasive, so the mineral can stay fresh, keep cutting sharp and deliver a consistent cut over the life of the product. As the fibers break down and fresh mineral is exposed, it reduces the likelihood of dull or blunt mineral smearing the surface, contributing to cleaner surfaces and less re-work. Furthermore, manual fatigue that may result from applying heavy pressure to a dull abrasive is reduced.