CGW Aluminum Oxide Flap Disc - with Calcium Stearate Coating
Flap Discs consist of sanding strips on a strong polyester backing that are bonded to a fiberglass backing plate in an overlapping circular pattern. With this process, a new layer of the sanding strip is exposed as each previous layer wears away, resulting in a consistent cut rate all through the life of the flap disc. With just one of these flap discs, you can complete material removal and finishing in ONE process.
*Must order in multiples of 10 only. Odd number orders will be refunded as we only ship box quantities!
Premium A3 (aluminum oxide) material with Calcium Stearate coating liquefies under heat keeping the material cooler and preventing loading with soft metals. Excellent for use on aluminum and blending stainless steel.
- Type 29 or Angled Flap Disc
- Provides maximum contact with work surface
- More aggressive than flat flap discs
- Works well on curves and contours
- Normally operated at a 15° to 25° angle
- Use on a right angle grinder
- Lasts 20x longer than resin fiber discs - more cost effective!
ONLY available in 36 grit and 60 grit